I am constantly making this chicken stock to add to my baby food. Chicken stock is incredibly gut healing, and the fats are a great addition to any baby’s diet. The dark meat of the chicken legs is also great to serve later as finger food. Simply throw everything into the pot and leave it simmering for a few hours. Your house will smell delicious!
- 2 chicken thighs
- 2 chicken legs
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 stalks of celery chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add everything to a large crock pot and cover with water
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer and cover
- After 30 minutes the chicken will be cooked. Take it out, separate the skin and bones from the meat.
- Add the skin and bones back to the pot, keep the meat for salads or baby finger foods.
- Leave everything simmering for a few hours (at least two).
- After a few hours take out, strain, and jar the liquid. Can be frozen or used immediately to make baby food.
Serve the chicken as finger food: