I’ve been on a serious breakfast kick lately and this super easy make ahead breakfast from Sprout Right is right up my alley. I make this once every few weeks and keep it in a large mason jar in the fridge. The night before serving simply spoon a few scoops out into a smaller, sealable container, cover with almond milk, grate in some fruit (apple or pear work well), and let soak overnight. Soaking grains and seeds releases enzymes that make them easier to digest. By morning it is mushy and delicious. Olive loves this recipe!
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- ½ cup mixed seeds (flax, sunflower and pumpkin)
- ¼ cup chopped dried apricots (make sure its organic)
- ¼ cup dried raisins
- Handful chopped fruit, nuts or seeds that you wish (I use dried blueberries and cranberries).
- Combine all ingredients and st ore in an airtight container in the fridge
- To prepare: put a handful of dry mixture in an airtight container. Cover with almond milk and grated fruit (I use apple or pear). Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning add extra fresh fruit and milk if you wish.
Note: It is really important to buy organic dried apricots that are dark brown in colour. Non- organic dried apricots get their bright orange colour from added sulphates, which is not something you want to be feeding your babe!
I had trouble finding quinoa flakes at my local market, but had success finding them at Whole Foods.