The Bluebird Kisses Get Fit Challenge has me thinking a lot about improving my breakfasts this week. I am terrible at making breakfast for myself after my whirlwind mornings of making food for Olive, unloading the dishwasher, making coffee, etc. This is a new goal of mine – learning recipes that can feed both (or all) of us.
This egg recipe is super simple. Olive loves broccoli so I always have some steamed in the fridge. The rest I chopped the night before to make my morning that much easier. I love this recipe because you can literally put any vegetables you want in here – get creative!
- Two eggs
- Handful of chopped kale
- Handful of steamed broccoli
- Chopped onion to taste
- Chopped tomato to taste
- Avocado for the side
- Tablespoon of grape seed oil
- Heat up grape seed oil in a pan
- Sautee onion until translucent
- Add kale to the pan and cover for a few minutes (until soft)
- Add egg, broccoli and tomato
- Stir for a few minutes until egg is cooked
- Serve with avocado on the side
Olive’s not the biggest fan of eggs, but she liked to pick out the broccoli and tomato. I will just keep on trying with this one, I am sure she will come around some day!